PolyWorks|InspectorTM is a universal 3D dimensional analysis and quality control software solution to control tool or part dimensions, diagnose and prevent manufacturing and assembly issues, guide assembly building through real-time measurements, and oversee the quality of assembled products by using portable metrology devices and CNC CMMs.
Universal Software Platform
With just one software to master, dramatically reduce your operational costs by increasing measurement specialist competency, eliminating metrology silos, boosting employee mobility, and improving overall teamwork efficiency.
Interface with all 3D measurement devices thanks to a universal digitizing hub
- Operate all portable probing devices through direct hardware plug-ins
- Interface with all point cloud scanning devices through direct hardware plug-ins or measurement file import
- Connect to major brands of CNC CMMs through direct drivers or I++
- Integrate measurements performed with digital gauges as well as visual checks
Bring all relevant data under one roof through a universal data hub
- Create inspection projects automatically from 3rd-party software measurement results and share them digitally enterprisewide with PolyWorks|DataLoop™
- Import all GD&T control types from native CAD and QIF MBD files to ensure digital interoperability with the product definition processes
- Measure a dimensional control of a scanned or probed object with a more accurate device and inject the measured value in the object for reporting purposes
Perform all inspection tasks with or without CAD data using a universal 3D metrology workflow
- Follow the same planning process for both portable and CNC CMM metrology
- Use the Play Inspection technology to execute autogenerated or user-defined measurement sequences
- Leverage the 3D Control Reviewer and dynamic updateable inspection reports to implement a measurement-control-centric reporting workflow
Deploy universal inspection projects playable on any 3D measurement device
- Preconfigure the measurement workflow for all your measurement devices with piece measurement templates
- Predefine multiple measurement templates within one inspection project
- Adapt measurement objects and sequences to different measurement principles automatically with conversion tools
Complete Dimensional Analysis and Quality Control Toolbox
At the heart of PolyWorks|Inspector lies a powerful inspection engine with parametric data handling, mathematical algorithms certified by PTB, and extensive visual and audio feedback capabilities. It allows users to extract meaningful information from their measured 3D data, automate the inspection process when more than one piece is measured, and structure the presentation of measurement results to facilitate enterprisewide digital collaboration.
Always get the alignment right
Measure all required dimensions
Automate quality control tasks
Review inspection results efficiently
Market-leading Portable Metrology Platform
Maximize the productivity of your scanning arms
Tens of thousands of portable arm operators worldwide enjoy the reliability and efficiency of our scanning and probing workflows every day.
Leverage our disruptive laser tracker innovations
We provide innovative laser-tracker-based scanning technologies that greatly accelerate the analysis and dimensional control of your large parts and tools.
Scan large structures rapidly using spherical digitizing
Minimize rework time when assembling large aerospace structures by scanning them using a spherical grid digitizer and simulating the assembly process beforehand.
Tailor measurement methods to your processes
Integrate additional measurement devices or in-house proprietary measurement techniques by creating and embedding macro scripts within your measurement objects.
Generate high-quality surface scans
Produce great scanning results under all circumstances thanks to our unique real-time quality meshing technology that computes and displays quality metrics in real time.
Ensure sufficient scanned data for reliable feature extraction
Get real-time feedback on scanned surface, curve, and circumference coverage with guidance graphics that indicate where an operator should capture additional scans.
Implement repeatable probing workflows
Use images, text, 3D graphics, and tolerances, on your computer screen or a mixed-reality display, to deploy guided probing inspection projects that improve operator efficiency and ensure measurement repeatability on the shop floor.
Guide assembly building with real-time measurements
Accurately track part location during assembly using digital readouts simultaneously displaying real-time measured reflector positions from multiple laser trackers.